Saturday 27 March 2010

Leonardo DiCaprio is the best.. Bar none, says Refaeli

SUNDAY MIRROR 28th March, 2010
EXCLUSIVE by Nick Owens and Matthew Kalman

Supermodel Bar Rafaeli says their relationship is stronger after six-month split

Bar Refaeli (Pic:Splashnews.com)

Supermodel Bar Refaeli dated a string of men during her split with boyfriend Leonardo ­DiCaprio... but says none of them matched up to the Hollywood actor.

Talking for the first time about their six months apart, the Israeli beauty revealed how she tried getting involved with other men but said she couldn’t “stomach” any of them.

“It was fun,” she said. “I tried ­going out with this one and I tried going out with that one. I met men of the world.”

But she said she was very selfish. “I told people, ‘Just so you know, I don’t have much to give right now’.

“But at the same time I felt a little bad because I thought, ‘When will this end?’ I hoped that one day I would be able to give myself again to someone.”

Lingerie model Bar, 24, reconciled with Leo, 35, in December and she says the split is what they both needed as it has made their ­relationship even stronger.

She said the time apart after two years together gave her the ­opportunity to understand a lot of things about herself.

“I worked on myself – I grew up,” she said. “I got my girlfriends back. From a very young age I have always had a boyfriend and I didn’t know what it was like to be inside my own skin.

“Today I know that a relationship can work only if you know you can be alone and you are not afraid. Now I’m not afraid of being alone.”

In her interview with Israeli women’s ­magazine L’isha, Bar – the face and body of clothing line Rampage – denied rumours the pair are set to get engaged.

“I am not thinking about getting married,” she said. “I’m still young. And when I do get engaged I might even hide the ring. I want it to remain private.”

No comments: